Our Nursery is open for 38 weeks per year (term-time only) between 8am and 5pm.
We offer sessional or full day care including breakfast club and afterschool club. The times are as follows:
We supply water bottles for children to drink from at any point throughout the day. We also offer the children a healthy snack in the morning and afternoon together with a choice of either milk or water.
If your child attends for a full day session, lunchtime is 11.45am – 12.15pm please send your child in with a packed lunch.
- Prompt collection is vital at the end of any session.
- If you are going to be delayed please contact the school on 01323-764062. The contact phone number after 3.30pm is 07599-754874.
- A collection of up to 30 minutes late will be charged at £2.00.
- Collection over 30 minutes late will be charged at £5.00 per 30 minutes.
Any additional charges due to late collection will be added to your next invoice.
LEAVING THE NURSERY
If for any reason you wish to remove your child from our Nursery during the course of the year, we will require one month’s written notice of the date your child will be leaving. Should your child leave without such notice one month’s fees will be chargeable.
Fees are charged at £5.00 per hour with effect from September 2019.
Payment of Fees
- Payment of Nursery fees needs to be made via Parentpay. An activation letter will be issued by the office.
- Payment is to be made monthly in advance. An invoice will be issued at the beginning of each month and is payable within 14 days.
- During absence from nursery e.g., in the case of illness, payment continues to be made as staffing costs remain. However in the case of absence due to long term illness in excess of two weeks, e.g. hospitalisation for an operation; individual circumstances will be reviewed to determine whether payment is still to be made.
- The hourly charge is always reviewed annually in September.
Non-Payment of fees
In the case of non-payment of fees the following procedure will be implemented:-
- Should payment not be received a letter will sent from the Headteacher requesting immediate payment of the fees.
- Should payment not be received that week, a letter will be sent from the Chair of Governors advising that if immediate payment is not received then your child will be removed from the nursery and their place reallocated to somebody on our waiting list.
- If you have any arrears before the term your child becomes eligible for EYEE funding we would insist on the arrears being cleared before offering a funded place.
Two year old funding
Two year old funding is accepted at West Rise Nursery. If you qualify for funding you will be sent a code from East Sussex County Council, a copy of which you will need to pass on to us. You will entitled to up to 15 hours free nursery per week, subject to availability.
The two year old funding is administered termly and in order to receive the grant you will be asked to complete a claim form each term. Additional hours are available and will be charged for as detailed above.
Early Year Education Entitlement (EYEE)
Government funded places for children begins the term after the child is three. This is called Early Year Education Entitlement (EYEE) which is available for up to 15 hours free nursery per week, subject to availability.
At West Rise we allocate a maximum of four 30 hour funded places, please pop into the school office to discuss availability. If you qualify for funding you will be sent a code from East Sussex Country Council, a copy of which you will need to pass to us. To find out more please visit: eastsussex.gov.uk/30hourschildcare
The EYEE is administered termly and in order to receive the grant you will be asked to complete a claim for each term.
At West Rise Nursery we welcome children with additional needs and are committed to the inclusion of all children.
We recognise that some children may have additional needs that may require particular help, intervention and support needs may be short-lived for a particular time in the child’s life or may require longer-term support. At all times we will, alongside each child’s parents and any relevant professionals, share information, identify needs and help the child and family access the support they need.
For more information on the Local Offer at West Rise Nursery and Community Infant School please click the link below. You will also find a copy of our SEND policy below.
If you have any further questions please contact Caroline Croft, our Nursery Manager, via email: